Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Announcing Cb Response Sensor Support for RHEL/CentOS 7.3 and Mac OS 10.12.1

Announcing Cb Response Sensor Support for RHEL/CentOS 7.3 and Mac OS 10.12.1

Hello All,

The Cb Response Team has released new 5.1.x and 5.2.x sensors providing support for RHEL/CentOS 7.3 and Mac OS 10.12.1. The important details are below:

The 5.1.2 Linux Sensor provides support for RHEL/CentOS 7.3. This sensor is now available at:

The 5.1.3 and 5.2.3 Mac OS Sensors provide support for Mac OS 10.12.1.  The important details are below:

With the appropriate baseurl in your YUM repos file:

• Run yum install cb-osx-sensor to get the latest Mac OS sensor.
  • Run yum install cb-linux-sensor-installer to get the latest Linux sensor.

After running the yum install command, you will need to restart Cb Services on the server or the Master node in a clustered environment.

Thanks,

The Cb Response Team

Comments

I got the OSX package updated fine...however when I run the yum update for Linux I get a "nothing to do" message or No package cb-linux-sensor available.  this is for the 5.1.3 links to /../release/..

Hi there,

Apologies, there was a typo in the yum install command for the linux sensor.  I've corrected it in the post above.

Thanks!

Are there server-side changes or can the sensor be deployed without updating the server?

Since these are sensor side releases you just need to make sure to use the right sensor version (baseurl) for your server (5.1 or 5.2).  Otherwise only server reference is as stated in instructions "After running the yum install command, you will need to restart Cb Services on the server or the Master node in a clustered environment."

Hope this helps.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎11-16-2016
Views: