Today, the Cb Response Team is releasing updated sensors for all supported platforms. These releases are primarily maintenance releases focused on bug fixes and performance improvements. Note: The Linux Sensor version 5.2.12 released here adds official OS support for RHEL 7.4. Details for each release are contained in the release notes below.
- contains information for sensor versions:
- Windows Sensor version 6.0.3
- macOS Sensor version 6.0.5
- Linux Sensor version 5.2.12
The sensors below are also available as standalone packages. Please review the release notes if you feel you need these standalone versions.
Installing new sensors ---
To install the sensors into your server, run through the following instructions:
1) Ensure your yum repo is set to the appropriate repo defined in the release notes.
2) Run yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<local directory to download the package into> <package>
- <package> is replaced by cb-sensor-126.96.36.199821-win, cb-osx-sensor, or cb-linux-sensor-installer depending on the sensor package you wish to download
3) Run rpm -i --force <package downloaded> (e.g. cb-linux-sensor-installer-188.8.131.52825-1.noarch.rpm)
- On 5.x servers -- Restart services
- On 6.x servers -- Run /usr/share/cb/cbcheck sensor-builds --update
Your new sensor versions should now be available via the console. If you have any issues, please contact Carbon Black Technical Support.
The Cb Response Team