Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Bit9 Security Platform v7.2.3 - SQL Server Configuration

Bit9 Security Platform v7.2.3 - SQL Server Configuration

Version: 7.2.3.3703 (Updated 3 August 2017)

Bit9 Security Platform uses a single SQL database named “das”. This database will be created on the SQL server once you install the Bit9 Security Platform Server. This document describes some of SQL best practices as well as pre- and post-installation tasks that are necessary to ensure proper database operation. Most of the database queries described in this document require sysadmin privileges on the SQL Server.

Important: This document is a supplement to the Bit9 Security Platform Operating Environment Requirements document for your release, called the “OER” through most of this document. Information in the OER is necessary for successful completion of the tasks in this document, so you should have both documents with you when performing the tasks described here.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Regarding database size calculator in page 11, why file size for "Deployment < 5K" is larger than "Deployment > 10K" ?

Also where we can download the SQLPerformanceTest script?

I think it is just broken down in detail. The total is 1.5 TB for the larger deployment, vs the 960 GB for the smaller deployment.

This is the table I have question, not sure why 225GB required for small deployment but 55GB for large deployment.

Size.jpg

I will let the CB guys answer this, but I know that there are multiple considerations here.

You have indexing, TempDB, plus you also have versioning of SQL, 2012R2 vs 2008R2, enterprise vs standard etc.

There is maintenance that needs to be done, whether you have 5 agents, or 5000. Those contribute to the space also.

Again, not an expert, just my understanding of it.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎07-29-2016
Views:
Contributors