Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

CB EDR Linux Sensor v6.3.1 Release Notes

CB EDR Linux Sensor v6.3.1 Release Notes

[UPDATE] 6/16/2020

VMware Carbon Black EDR has determined a bug fix in our 6.3.1-lnx release was causing unexpected performance issues on certain machines. We will be reverting that change and are targeting June 22nd for a new 6.3.2-lnx release. All other bug fixes, OS currency, and eBPF improvements from 6.3.1-lnx will be included in the new 6.3.2-lnx release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] 6/10/2020

The VMware Carbon Black EDR has received reports that the 6.3.1 linux sensor release is potentially causing performance issues on some machines. We are investigating the issue and will post updates here as we have more information to share.
We advise that you do not upgrade to the 6.3.1-linux release until we've completed our investigation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This document provides information for users upgrading to CB EDR Linux Sensor v6.3.1 from previous versions as well as users new to CB EDR. The key information specific to this release is provided in the following major sections:

• Installation Instructions - Describes installation instructions of the Linux sensor
  • New features – Describes new features introduced in this release.
  • Corrective content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as more general improvements in performance or behavior.
  • Known issues and limitations – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version that you should be aware of.
Labels (3)
Attachments
Comments

Did you guys pull it from the repo?

Hello @jasonl  yes, the sensor has been pulled from the repo while the investigation is happening

Ahh!  I was losing my mind trying to figure out why the sensor wasn't showing up on our production server via yum, but had on my CBR dev server a few days ago.  Thanks and thanks for the quick response!!

"The VMware Carbon Black EDR has received reports that the 6.3.1 linux sensor release is potentially causing performance issues on some machines"  What OS and kernel were impacted?

@jameshan2k We believe it wasn't OS or kernel specific, more related to very high load machines with lots of netconn events.

@drenaud How confident are you that the 6.3.2 will be available on Monday the 22nd?

@jameshan2k Sorry I missed your question last week, 6.3.2-lnx is available for download now.

@drenaud Thanks for the update....I started pushing to our lab. 

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎06-03-2020
Views: