Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Carbon Black App Control Server v8.6.0 - Release Notes

Carbon Black App Control Server v8.6.0 - Release Notes

Software Version: 8.6.0.155

Released: February 4, 2021

The Carbon Black App Control  8.6.0 Server Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the product. It has the following sections:

New Features and Product Enhancements - Provides additional information about what is new for this release of the Carbon Black App Control server.

Corrective Content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as improvements in performance or behavior.

Known Issues – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version.

Contacting Carbon Black Technical Support – Describes ways to contact Carbon Black Technical Support, and what information to have ready.

Appendix 1: New Features, Enhancements, and Corrective Content in Previous 8.x Releases -- For those upgrading to a v8.x-series release for the first time, this section provides a quick reference to other changes introduced in previous 8.x releases.

Labels (2)
Attachments
Comments

10/31/2019 Update

Added Corrective Content for 8.1.6.436 build and 1 item.
EP-9772 - Fixed an issue where the CB Protection Server drive could fill up with temporary files, causing a significant performance impact, prevent events from being logged on the server, and eventually cause your system drive to fill up and subsequently crash.

Removed 1 item from the Corrective Content
EP-2225 - It Is possible to receive multiple "New file on network" events for the same hash.

Added 1 item to the Known Issues and Limitations
EP-2225 - It Is possible to receive multiple "New file on network" events for the same hash.

Out of curiosity, why are old posts updated with new content? This does not make it conducive to being able to search the site for the new documents as old postings (this one being from 2018) shows later in the information when you are looking for new items that are relevant. 

That and the last update from lhowarth was from 2019 on a different version and not for 8.1.8.

Hi @KrisLukiwski 

I made a new post back when I posted 8.x release notes.  The feedback I received, was that customers were bookmarking this page, so they could always make sure they had the latest release notes.

I'm open to going to back to a new page for each new release, if that's what the community prefers.

Larry

Thanks for that update Larry. If that is what the community is doing then that's what I will also do. From personal experience for other sites, there's a new posting and old ones are archived and comments are closed. 

Friends-

Where do I get the actual upgrade instructions for 8.1.8, we are currently on 8.1.6. I was able to download the parity file but no upgrade instructions available.

Thank you for your assistance.

Henrique

Folks,

Can we please have exact date listed when this was available please? We have to provide compliance items of when patches are available.

Thanks

@KrisLukiwski availability date was Monday, June 29.

Revision 2 of the 8.1.10 Release Notes corrected the Revision "from" --> "to" table.  8.1.0 - 8.1.8 versions can update to 8.1.10.

I can not seem to locate the parity server for 8.1.10 release. We are currently on 8.1.8.258, any suggestions?

Am I reading this right? The version updated from 8.1.10 to 8.5.0? 

@ahamlin  8.1.10 is still up here

https://community.carbonblack.com/t5/Documentation-Downloads/CB-Protection-Server-8-1-10-Released/ta...

@lhowarth 

It looks like 8.5.0 download has been pulled per the above article, correct?  Consider adding a note to each 8.5.0 document post as well.

@Sarah that is correct - 8.5.0 has been pulled for the time being.

@xstuartbarrettx you are correct - we went from version 8.1.10.x to 8.5.0.x. However, as mentioned to Sarah, the 8.5.0 release has been temporarily pulled from the UeX due to a critical issue. 

Document version 2.0 of release note added a note regarding SIEM.

so i am assuming that this is a GOOD release...and is newer than 8.1.10.3 CB Protection server..??

Software Version: 8.5.2.4

Released: September 28, 2020

Dates on the comments and release dates are confusing...

8.5 seems to update NLog in a way that changes the Syslog output from UTC (old approach) to local time (new approach). Is there any way to switch it back to UTC?

Updated the 8.5.2 archive in the 8.6 release note to include a missing note from the original 8.5.2:

NOTE REGARDING SIEM:

Events were rebranded to use new product names. Your SIEM may need to be updated to reflect these changes.

The Vendor and Product name have changed; the new values are VMware_Carbon_Black and App_Control respectively. 

In Server versions prior to 8.5.2 these values were Carbon_Black and Protection.

UZ

The 8.6.0 Release Notes mention that support for Win 2008 has been removed.

"Removed support for SQL 2008 and Windows 2008 R2.During installation, the installer will now perform a check and prevent you from installing on Windows 2008 R2."

However, the Agent Support KB shows that Windows Server 2008 R2 is supported by versions 7.2.1 to  8.6.0.

https://community.carbonblack.com/t5/Documentation-Downloads/CB-EDR-sensors-amp-CB-App-Control-agent... 

Is there a discrepancy in documentation or am i reading the KB incorrectly.  

@UZ  The release notes here are for 8.6 Server version and the other document referenced is for 8.6 Agent support.

For the Server requirements check out the OER https://community.carbonblack.com/t5/Documentation-Downloads/Carbon-Black-App-Control-Operating-Envi... document.  2008 is not listed as a supported environment in that Server requirement document.

Hope this helps.
- Barbara

UZ

@bwuchte thanks for clarifying.

Where is the actual download for the software itself? It seems I go through this every time. Release notes are simple enough to find but always have trouble finding the actual software under "Documentation & DOWNLOADS".
Thank you!
Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎09-21-2020
Views: