Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Carbon Black Cloud sensor: Windows Server support

Carbon Black Cloud sensor: Windows Server support

Attention:

Support information for each Carbon Black Cloud Sensor has moved to VMware Docs. This UEX page will no longer be updated.

Each sensor is a distinct OER on VMware Docs and the links are provided below:

Comments

Looking for Defense sensor release notes. When I visit the link for "To view all PSC sensor versions" it does not show them or any way to get to them. 

removed

What does the blank space in the server column mentioned above represents ?  There is a blank section below 2012 and 2008 

@shankarvr The blank section below Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 are just a continuance of that server version above the blank space. The different lines are for the different Server Pack versions. 

Up until now, windows Server 2019 also had x86 support listed, but it's gone.
Did it suddenly get supported out?

I have a legacy Windows 2008 x86 machine I need to protect. Where do I get the sensor version for that OS? 3.1.0 would be best.

Thanks

@DJ can you correct the bottom blank lines in this table? It is inconsistent in how the above lines are formatted (assuming prior comments mean those are combinations of Windows Server 2008).

What's the roadmap for Windows Server 2022 support?

Is there a way to install on 2008 Server Standard 32bit servers?

@chucklan 

If it's Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you may be able to use 3.6.0 sensors.

If it's Windows Server 2008 (Non-R2) then you have to use deprecated 3.1.0 sensor, if you could get hold of it.

But it's only usable til end of June 2022, due support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be deprecated on Carbon Black Cloud backend.
See Carbon Black Cloud backend will deprecate TLS 1.0 & 1.1 protocols for more details.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎02-05-2019
Views: