Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Cb Defense Support for Windows Server 2016

Cb Defense Support for Windows Server 2016

UPDATE: We're excited to announce that Cb Defense officially supports Windows Server 2016 in the 2.1.0.9 sensor that was released on 7/5/17!

Summary:

Carbon Black is working to deliver support for Windows Server 2016 for Cb Defense which will involve creating a compatible WHQL-certified sensor.

Details:

Cb Defense Sensor Support

Microsoft Windows Server 2016 is now available and Carbon Black is working hard to deliver a compatible sensor.

With the release of Windows 2016, Microsoft is requiring the certification of drivers installed by third party software vendors. This certification process is the next iteration of the Hardware Logo Kit (HLK) and is commonly referred to as WHQL.

Since the Cb Defense sensor includes its own kernel driver, it needs to be WHQL certified to install and run on Windows Server 2016.

Carbon Black has been working through the Hardware Certification process with Microsoft and expects Cb Defense to have the required certification on Windows 2016 soon.

Comments

Any updates on this?

jdeplatolls​ - Cb Defense will officially support Windows Server 2016 with the release of the 3.0 sensor which is scheduled for early summer of 2017.

Its Mid June and July is coming upon us, any ETA on when sensor 3.0 will be available?

jdeplatollsisheltoe​ I'm excited to announce that Cb Defense officially supports Windows Server 2016 in the 2.1.0.9 sensor that was released last week. To read more about it, the release notes can be found here: 2.1.0.9 Windows Release Notes.pdf

Does Cb Defense Sensor 3.0.2.2 support Windows Server 2016 x64 ?  We are receiving errors in the event log on machines.

The Cb Defense service failed to start due to the following error:

This version of Cb Defense is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

Hi rowinchiii​. Yes, the 3.0.2.2 sensor does support Windows Server 2016 x64 bit. If you could please open up a support ticket, we would be happy to investigate why you may be having issues.

I've not had issues on my 2016 machine.

When I try to start the CbDefense services on the machine, an error is generated within the System Log. The error states"

The Cb Defense service failed to start due to the following error:

This version of Cb Defense is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher."

Windows Server 2016 x64

Maybe I should add that I'm running 2016 Standard. Perhaps yours is different?

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎10-25-2016
Views: