We’re migrating product documentation to docs.vmware.com, starting with Carbon Black Cloud. Learn more.

Cb Protection: macOS 10.13.2 Support Status

Cb Protection: macOS 10.13.2 Support Status

Updated Jan 8, 2018: Cb Protection nows supports macOS 10.13.2 with the release of 7.2.3 Patch 8 which you can find here.

Apple made changes in 10.13.2 that impacted the Cb Protection kernel extension. We have developed a solution and are in the midst of testing. We anticipate releasing an update (7.2.3 Patch 8) to the Cb Protection Mac agent during the second week of January.

Until we release the patch, we recommend preventing your users from upgrading to 10.13.2. If you are running the 7.2.3 Patch 7 Mac agent on your Macs, the kernel extension will detect 10.13.2 and will not load, leaving your Macs unprotected. If you are running an earlier version of the Mac agent and upgrade to 10.13.2, the agent will cause a kernel panic.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Comments
Anonymous

First Response and now Protection? This is getting ridiculous.  We've delayed upgrading our users to High Sierra for months and now have to wait another month??

Customers have successfully upgraded Mac machines to High Sierra with Cb Protection 7.2.3 P7 agent. On Dec 6th Apple made some significant changes in release 10.13.2 which requires us to make changes to the kernel extension.

Any chance the changes from Apple were due to the fact that they patched the "No Root PW" fiasco?

Looks like we now know what they patched back in December to cause such a change with the kernel.

ktneely​ - see reply from kthayn @ Jan 4, 2018 12:47 PM (in response to jonk) near the bottom -

Cb Response: Information on macOS 10.13.2 Support

Thanks for the post.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎12-11-2017
Views:
940
Contributors