Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Cb Protection v8.1.0 Operating Environment Requirements

Cb Protection v8.1.0 Operating Environment Requirements

Software Version: 8.1.0 Patch 1 GA (August 2018) and 8.1.0 Patch 2 (December 2018)

Document Version: 8.1.0 (January 2019)

This document describes the hardware, software and site requirements for implementing a Cb Protection Server installation. It is a requirements summary only. For a successful server installation, you must use the document Installing Cb Protection Server for detailed descriptions of installation procedures. For successful agent installations, you must use the instructions in the “Managing Computers” chapter of the document Using Cb Protection. If there are any questions related to hardware and performance, please contact your Carbon Black technical representative after reviewing this document.

Note:  There are no technical changes to the latest (January 2019) version of this document. It has been updated only to indicate that it applies to both Patch 1 and Patch 2.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

The server specs are as directed by the document.  The server has a bit more ram than requested.  12 cpu, 128 GB Ram 1.5 TB (sql) and 80 GB HD (both are Flash HD).

I am still working with my Database Engineer to get the scripts ran as requested.

The list of supported RDS versions in this document include only versions that are no longer supported by Amazon, i.e. none of the Cb-supported versions of MS SQL Server Standard are still available in AWS RDS. Can we substitute any of the AWS options over the deprecated 12.00.4422, preferably SQL Server 2014?

If not, what would be the speculated impact, and is it worth it to run this in RDS with the given circumstances?

Can anyone specify which currently available RDS versions are supported for CbP?

From Cb Protection v8.1.0 Operating Environment Requirement:

RDS.png

From AWS:

RDS.png

Hi Duane,

We have not tested against versions newer than documented.

We have at least one customer using SQL Server 2014 12.00.5000.0.v1 in AWS and it behaves as expected, so we would expect it to work in your case.

Thank you,

Larry

Thank you, Larry.

This can be closed.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎08-30-2018
Views:
Contributors