Browse your product documentation including release notes and installers
The Carbon Black Response version 6.1 Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the product.
Released May 3, 2017
Revised September 25, 2017 – Corrected the following supported server/console operating systems:
● CentOS 6.7-6.9 (64-bit)
● Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.7-6.9 (64-bit)
Revised November 20, 2017 – Added to the list of supported upgrade paths: "All 5.3.x versions, including earlier patch releases"
Revised November 21, 2017 – Fixed references to installation documentation.
- Currently running CB Defense 5.1, can we perform a in-place upgrade to 6.1?
- Will it automatically upgrade all the sensors that's currently deployed?
- If we decide to have all clients/sensors upgrading, what is the impact (roughly 900+), will all try to update at the same time and kill the server?
- Will client update require any interaction from clients or will it do this automatically (silent) behind the scenes?
You can manage Sensor updates on a per-sensor-group basis. Reference page 7 of this document for details and a screenshot. The update is silent (no end user interaction/display).