Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Cb Response 6.2.0 Release Notes

Cb Response 6.2.0 Release Notes

The Cb Response 6.2.0 Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the product. It has the following sections:

• New and Modified Features – Provides a quick reference to the new and modified features introduced with this version.
  • Corrective Content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as improvements in performance or behavior.
  • Known Issues and Limitations – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version.
  • Contacting Carbon Black Technical Support – Describes ways to contact Carbon Black Technical Support, and what information to have ready.

Updated 1/25/18 to add an item to Corrective Content.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Upgrade notes are out of date.

After running: yum update cb-enterprise you're prompted to run /usr/share/cb/cbupgrade before you can start the services as shown below.

cbupgrade file will compare configuration files and let you know if .rpmnew files exist.

Dependency Updated:

cb-datagrid.x86_64 0:6.2.0.171114.1158-1.el6                cb-datastore.x86_64 0:6.2.0.171114.1158-1.el6         cb-swagger.x86_64 0:6.2.0.171114.1158-1.el6         cbui.noarch 0:6.2.4.171017.1624-1       

python-cb-coreservices.x86_64 0:6.2.0.171114.1158-1         python-cjson.x86_64 0:1.2.1-1.el6                     rabbitmq-server.noarch 0:3.6.11-1.el6               redis.x86_64 0:2.8.24-5.el6.art         

Complete!

[CarbonBlackResponseServer]# service cb-enterprise start

Detected an older version 6.1.2.171005.1008 of cb-enterprise data schema

Please, run /usr/share/cb/cbupgrade in order to complete the upgrade

of cb-enterprise to version 6.2.0.171114.1158.

[CarbonBlackResponseServer]# /usr/share/cb/cbupgrade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARBON BLACK ENTERPRISE RESPONSE SERVER - UPGRADE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for installing version 6.2.0.171114.1158 of Carbon Black

Enterprise Server. This tool will guide you through a few setup steps which

are necessary in order to complete the upgrade.

Continue [return]:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECONCILE CONFIGURATION FILE CHANGES

The installer has detected local changes in the following configuration

files:

/etc/cb/integrations/event-forwarder/cb-event-forwarder.conf

/etc/cb/nginx/conf.d/includes/cb.server.sensor

To ensure that the local changes are not lost, the installer placed new

configuration files, with a .rpmnew extension, next to the modified

configuration files listed above.

Please, manually reconcile the existing configuration files with the new

ones and then remove the new configuration files with the .rpmnew extensions.

When all the changes are reconciled, re-run cbupgrade to complete the

upgrade.

UPGRADE ABORTED

After reviewing the changes and removing the .rpmnew files you can rerun cbupgrade

[CarbonBlackResponseServer]# /usr/share/cb/cbupgrade

CARBON BLACK ENTERPRISE RESPONSE SERVER - UPGRADE

Thank you for installing version 6.2.0.171114.1158 of Carbon Black

Enterprise Server. This tool will guide you through a few setup steps which

are necessary in order to complete the upgrade.

Continue [return]:

SQL DB - START

SQL DB UPGRADE

Upgrading core model DB schema...

Upgrading alliance model DB schema...

SQL DB - STOP

MIGRATE SOLR CORES

Starting cb-supervisord:                                   [  OK  ]

Migrating alerts...

.Stopping cb-supervisord:                                  [  OK  ]

UPGRADE COMPLETE!

Server upgrade to version 6.2.0.171114.1158 has COMPLETED successfully.

Do you want to start the services [Y/n]: y

THANK YOU FOR INSTALLING CARBON BLACK ENTERPRISE RESPONSE!

enjoy!

Hi cparman, thanks for your feedback. I will investigate and update the release notes as appropriate. Good info!

-Andrea Shanahan (tech writer for Cb Response)

Is there an alternate download source or directory for this content? We block box.com as a part of firewall policy 

Hello @afrantz, what content are you referring to being on box.com?  The PDF attached is from our community which is not box.com.

It looks like maybe the PDF reader/viewer is hosted on Box? When I try the direct download link I get a network error as well. 

CBR 6.2.0 RN.png

Thanks for the additional information. I've asked our UeX Admins to review and get back with you on this.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  DM me if you'd like me to email you a copy of this PDF.

Thanks -
Barbara

Thanks for the additional information. I've asked our UeX Admins to review and get back with you on this.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  DM me if you'd like me to email you a copy of this PDF.

Thanks -
Barbara

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎11-28-2017
Views:
Contributors