Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Cb Response 6.2.3 Server Release Notes

Cb Response 6.2.3 Server Release Notes

The Cb Response 6.2.3 Server Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the Cloud and On-Prem products. It consists of the following sections:

New Features – Describes new and modified features introduced in this sensor release.

Corrective Content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as more general improvements in performance or behavior.

Known Issues and Limitations – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version.

Contacting Technical Support – Describes ways to contact Carbon Black Technical Support and what information to have ready.

Published: August 1, 2018

Available on Cloud: August 5, 2018

Available GA On-Prem: August 15, 2018

Labels (2)
Attachments
0 Kudos
Comments

Is there any documentation for on-prem deployments who wish to upgrade their Cb Response infrastructure from RHEL/CentOS 6.x to 7.3? Any impact to Cb Response server/cluster configurations by an underlying OS upgrade?

Thanks!

Is it possible that on the stable train (default) those packages are not yet available:

6.2.3-1 and sensor release 6.1.7?

Hi there - This initial release is only for net-new installations of the server. Our next step in CentOS 7 support is to provide a migration pathway from the CentOS 6.x to 7.x. But for the 6.2.3 release, that's not in place yet.

Hello! Yes those are the the URLs that use variables to pull the correct version of the server based on the OS version and architecture. However, the URLs are not yet live because the on-prem server isn't GA yet. We made a change to combine the release notes for Cloud and On-prem, so the URLs are present, but not active yet.

As this is something new we are trying, I'm very interested in your feedback so we can make the process better going forward.

Correct - the links are not yet active. They will become active when the On-prem server goes GA.

Maybe it would be better to state somewhere in the PDF / this page, that onprem GA is TBA or DATE XZY.

In that case i wouldn't have had that question =)

bwilliams

CbR Global Admin can now block interactive process searches containing leading wildcards or

how about new watchlists?

>CbR Global Admin can now block interactive process searches containing leading wildcards or binary metadata in the console.

as in process queries containing digsig_publisher and file_desc product_name type queries?

surely you're joking if it's an official statement of these causing performance issues. ^much less ok... how about fixing searching for it

The Watchlists list view​ now shows the status of the watchlist, including the

following:

■ Queued – Watchlist is still in the queue, waiting to be run.

■ Expired – Watchlist has not had any hits in the specified time period.

■ Timeout – Watchlist has timed out.

■ Error – Watchlist has errored out.

Added an API to allow users to see recent solr queries. The API takes two forms:

"/api/v1/query/stats" and "/api/v1/query/stats/collate"; t

good

I like the new format, once I get used to it. Repeating the message from rvs-soc​ above, and stealing from the Cb Response Windows Sensor 6.1.7 Release Notes post, having release dates would be helpful. Keep it consistent, meaning both on Cloud and on-prem values every time that way there is no question. Might I suggest something like the following.

Published: August 1, 2018

Available on Cloud: August 5, 2018

Available GA on-prem: TBD

Great suggestion! I've added what you suggested above, so hopefully that will help make it clearer.  I'll make sure going forward we include similar language in all our release note posts.

Hi.

Is RHEL 7.x supported as a base for CB Response server? RHEL7.5 for example ?

As indicated in the latest release notes, CbR Server is supported up to RHEL 7.3.  7.5 is not showing as supported yet.

Server / Console Operating Systems
Note: For best performance, Carbon Black recommends running the latest supported software versions.

● CentOS 6.7-6.10 (64-bit)

● CentOS 7.3 (64-bit)

● Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.7-6.10 (64-bit)

● Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.3 (64-bit)

Where are the instructions for upgrading on prem?  I could not find any instructions or commands in the document.

Hi.

Is there any information what is the blocker for support of RHEL7.5?

We are trying to build completely new CB Response server and we want to know for which package/service we should look at. For us there is no reason to try build new machine with outdated system.

As indicated on page 2 of these release notes, full install and upgrade instructions can be found in Cb Response 6.2.3 Server / Cluster Management Guide .   Chapter 2 should cover what you need and page 29 specifically for upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎08-01-2018
Views:
Contributors