Today, the Cb Response Team is announcing Controlled Distribution of the 5.2.13 macOS sensor. It is recommended that you adopt a phased roll out of these CD sensors in line with your organization's software deployment best practices.
This sensor release provides support for the new 10.13.2 macOS in addition to bug fixes.
***Important Note: Previous 5.x series macOS sensors do not contain support for the 10.13.2 macOS. Additionally, internal testing of the 5.2.13 macOS sensor has shown compatibility with the 10.13.3 macOS latest available betas.
For more details, please check out the release notes here:
Installing new sensors --- To install the sensors on to your server, run through the following instructions:
1) Ensure your yum repo is set appropriately
2) Run yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<local directory to download the package into> <package>
- <package> is replaced by cb-osx-sensor
3) Run rpm -i --force <package downloaded> Then:
- On 5.x servers -- Restart services
- On 6.x servers -- Run /usr/share/cb/cbcheck sensor-builds --update
Your new sensor versions should now be available via the console. If you have any issues, please contact Carbon Black Technical Support.
The Cb Response Team