Today, the Cb Response Team is pleased to announce General Availability of the 6.1.3 macOS sensor. It is recommended that you adopt a phased roll out of these sensors in line with your organization's software deployment best practices.
This sensor release provides support for macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and 10.12.6 (Sierra) security updates 2018-001, support for macOS 10.13.2 and 10.13.3 High Sierra, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
***Important Note: To uninstall Cb Protection and Cb Response in the event of a kernel panic please review our Knowledge Base post: How to: Uninstall the Carbon Black Protection and Response from a Mac in a Kernel Panic
For more details, please check out the release notes here:
Installing new sensors --- To install the sensors on to your server, run through the following instructions:
1) Ensure your yum repo is set appropriately
2) Run yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<local directory to download the package into> <package>
- <package> is replaced by cb-osx-sensor
3) Run rpm -i --force <package downloaded> Then:
- On 6.x servers -- Run /usr/share/cb/cbcheck sensor-builds --update
Your new sensor versions should now be available via the console. If you have any issues, please contact Carbon Black Technical Support.
The Cb Response Team