Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

[Cb Response] Cloud Update Notification: 6.1.5 & 5.2.16 Linux Sensor

[Cb Response] Cloud Update Notification: 6.1.5 & 5.2.16 Linux Sensor

Hello all,

Carbon Black is pleased to announce general availability for the CbR Linux Sensors v5.2.16 & v6.1.5. This sensor releases both include support for RHEL 7.5 and an upgrade of third party libraries. This release makes 5.2.16 available on-prem, and 6.1.5 available on-prem and in the cloud.

For more details, please check out the release notes here:

To install either of the new sensors, perform the following steps:

1) Ensure your yum repo is set appropriately: modify /etc/yum.repos.d/CarbonBlack.repo with the appropriate baseurl, if needed.

2) Clear the yum cache

•     yum clean all

3) Download the installer

• Substitute the cb-linux-sensor-installer name for <package>
  • The <package local download directory> is a directory of your choice (like /home or /tmp)
  • Run the following command to download the installer
    • yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=<package local download directory> <package> (current package to use: cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.5.10020-1​or cb-linux-sensor-installer-5.2.16.10019-1)

Note: if you receive a command line error for --downloadonly, please see these instructions from RedHat to download and install the downloadonly plugin from yum.

How to use yum to download a package without installing it - Red Hat Customer Portal

4) Change your directory to the <package local download directory> from step #3 

5) Run the following command to install the package:

• rpm -i --force <package> (current package to use: cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.5.10020-1​.noarch.rpm ​or cb-linux-sensor-installer-5.2.16.10019-1.noarch.rpm)

6)  Run the following command to make the new installation package available in the server console UI:

• /usr/share/cb/cbcheck sensor-builds --update

It is always recommended that you adopt a phased roll-out of this sensor in-line with your organization's software deployment best practices.

Thanks!

The Cb Response Cloud Team

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Comments

Is there ETA for On-Prem installations.

mariuszi​ the on-prem installation is planned to be released today as well.

Updated to include 5.2.16 announcement

I'm not able to access this for on-prem installs.   Was this pushed back?

Can you please file a support case for this? Both sensors should be available on prem. Thank you.

I was able to pull down the updates.  Ya'll need better documentation for the purposes of downloading the sensors.  I ended up using yum list package feature to find it.

Feedback received, chasing this internally. Thanks for the information here.

The documentation has been updated to include step 2 (clearing cache) and adjusted the package names in step 3 (removing the .noarch.rpm from the string - the .noarch.rpm is required in step 4)

Do they support RHEL/Centos 7.5 only? 

They do not only support RHEL/Centos 7.5. I am in the process of getting the Linux supported sensors and agents page updated.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎05-04-2018
Views:
Contributors