Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Cb Response Linux Sensor v6.1.9 Release Notes

Cb Response Linux Sensor v6.1.9 Release Notes

The Cb Response Linux Sensor v6.1.9 Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the product. It consists of the following sections:

• Installation Instructions - Describes installation instructions of the linux sensor
  • New Features – Describes new and modified features introduced in this sensor release.
  • Corrective Content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as more general improvements in performance or behavior.
  • Known Issues and Limitations – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version.
  • Contacting Technical Support – Describes ways to contact Carbon Black Technical Support and what information to have ready.
Labels (2)
Attachments
0 Kudos
Comments

I'm not able to download this; I downloaded 6.1.9 for Windows, but Linux is failing. 

Team, 

Can you please validate that the repo for RHEL 7 has the new sensor for Linux available? I am showing that it is not:

rhel-7-server-rpms

No package cb-linux-sensor-installer- available.
No package 6.1.9.10139-1 available.

Thanks

@kehayes please see Cb Response Cloud Cloud Update Notification 6.1.9 and 5.2.18 6.1.9 and 5.2.18 are targeted for General Availability on 11/29

Team, 

I am still showing this as unavailable. Can you please validate it is avail for RHEL 7? Thank you:

rhel-7-server-satellite-tools-6.3-rpms/x86_64/primary
Error: Nothing to do

This is for the Cb Response Linux Sensor v6.1.9.

cb-linux-sensor-installer-​6.1.9.10139-1 not available on the CB repo. Trying to download from a RHEL 6 server.

Thank you so much!

The current URL uses a variable "$" to automatically use the installed RHEL version repo. Would anyone be kind enough to share the full URL for the RHEL6 repo? Also need to make sure that all RHEL6 pkgs are compatible with RHEL7 so if I do use RHEL6 there will be no conflicts now or future. This will also prevent me from asking for validations in the future. Thank you!

@kehayes @flee

Can you please try: https://yum.distro.carbonblack.io/enterprise/6.2.4-1/$releasever/$basearch

Also run the following command before trying the linkyum clean all 

@mlinde

after running yum clean all

Using :

name=CarbonBlack
baseurl=https://yum.distro.carbonblack.io/enterprise/6.2.4-1/$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

I still see problems:

Error: Nothing to do

Hey @mlinde

Just head's-up it's not you guys this time.. I did successfully pull it but only from the RHEL6 repo. Looks like my last issue was due to spacing on the command... I have a bad habit of cpy/pst into notepad++ before actually putting on the server to run. I missed a spacing issue.. All good. Thank you!!-- again on RHEL6 repo... Will have both going forward in the even it is only updated on 1. Cheers!

The release notes has some odd characters; don't copy-paste the package name from there. Re-type it. 

OK now different issue--- we have RHEL7 and pulling from RHEL6 repo. The download completes but when attempting to run:

rpm -i --force cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.9.10139-1.noarch.rpm

GET THE FOLLOWING:
warning: cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.9.10139-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 6ac57704: NOKEY
WARNING: SensorInstallerDirLinux config value not found or empty -- using default value (/usr/share/cb/coreservices/installers/linux)

The subsequent fails as signature key is required. Can you help?

@kehayes can you please create a support case for the issues you are having? @bwuchte if you have any thoughts please advise. 

@mlinde Thank you. Have managed to download the package using the new repo link.

And facing the same issue as @kehayes, though we are on RHEL 6.10. We'll raise a support ticket.

warning: cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.9.10139-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 6ac57704: NOKEY
WARNING: SensorInstallerDirLinux config value not found or empty -- using default value (/usr/share/cb/coreservices/installers/linux)

Hey @flee

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. The end result of my interactions with the support team are not shown here. End result is that I was given the below commands and told the "warnings" are expected behavior. No, these commands are not listed on any documentation nor are so they match what is shown in the release notes for "install instructions".-- but they do work:
1- After downloading run the rpm -i --force command:

rpm -i --force cb-linux-sensor-installer-6.1.9.10139-1.noarch.rpm

2- You will see the warnings and install will appear to fail. If the pkg is found using the below, the install actually succeeded but it will not update on the console. 

ll /usr/share/cb/coreservices/installers/linux |grep 6.1.9

3- If it is shown under that directory, you just need to execute:
/usr/share/cb/cbcheck sensor-builds --update

4 Give it about 20 min and check the console to ensure the pkg is ready for use. 

Cheers!

@kehayes Thanks mate, you're a legend! I can see the package was successfully put to /usr/share/cb/coreservices/installers/linux, and after running the sensor-builds --update command, 6.1.9 agent is now appearing on the console as well.

I'm getting a 16 M package download successfully.  However, I get a directory with nothing in it?

linuxpackage.GIF

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎11-26-2018
Views:
Contributors