Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Product Support for macOS

Product Support for macOS

Updated: March 31, 2017

Apple released macOS 10.12.4 on March 27, 2017. Carbon Black supports this release on the following versions of the respective products.

Product

Version Supporting macOS 10.12.4

Cb Response

5.2.3+

Cb Protection

7.2.3 P5

Cb Defense

Comments

The update from 10.12 to 10.12.1, being a minor one, I wouldn't have expected the need to transition to Disabled mode.  However, upon updating my system, and rebooting, I received 1000s of execution blocks due to unapproved files to the system.

The files were dropped by the ephemeral /system/library/privateframeworks/packagekit.framework/versions/a/resources/system_installd, but into a large variety of directories, making a file creation rule difficult.  I expected the Mac System Updates updater to facilitate the file approvals for a minor update like this.

Would you mind opening a support case for this?

I was mostly looking to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.  Ticket has been created, and it was escalated to engineering yesterday.

Hi All,

A critical bug was found on 10.12.1 using Response versions 5.1.1 and 5.2.  We've updated this post and the all information required is available at the link here: Announcing Cb Response Sensor Support for RHEL/CentOS 7.3 and Mac OS 10.12.1

Thanks,

Justin

Technical Product Mgr. - Cb Response

jfalck​, what was the critical bug and the fix? I'm not seeing any mention of it in the link.

Thanks,

Bruce

Can you provide me the ETA to support the following release, please?

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (Released May 15th)

macOS High Sierra 10.13 (According to the SLA it is 90 days but I would like to know what is realistic expectation)

Thanks,

Sorry, we need to update this page.

Protection does support 10.12.5. We do not yet have a sense of what/if any changes will need to be made for 10.13.

Apple will release MacOS 10.13 within one week now.

Will CB Defense be ready by 9/25?

Thanks,

Erwin

pvz
Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎11-01-2016
Views: