Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

Updated NVD and Cb Reputation Threat Feeds are going live today (Thursday 17 Nov)

Updated NVD and Cb Reputation Threat Feeds are going live today (Thursday 17 Nov)

Within the next few hours, updated NVD and Cb Reputation Threat feeds will be published to all Cb Response customers per this post: 

This announcement does not affect Cb Protection or Cb Defense customers.

Action Reminder:  Opt-in now required for both feeds

These feeds are now customer-specific, and require that Cb Response customers opt-in to sharing hashes with the Cb Collective Defense Cloud to receive content in either feed.  If you do not opt-in to sharing hashes with the Collective Defense Cloud, these feeds will contain no reports.  Opt-in settings are available in the Cb Response console via "Administration -> Sharing Settings"

Comments

It is the 18th and I have not seen any updates. Are all customers suppose to see new feeds or an update to the settings page. Is there something I am supposed to do in order to get the update.

Hello anyone out there. Is there something we are supposed to do in order to get the update?

Hi.  The change on the NVD feed happened on the backend for all customers last week, so that should have update reports.  We have a slight delay working on the Cb Reputation Threat feed - I will update this post when we get that out.  Should be soon.

To clarify, you won't see any new feeds.  As long as your NVD feed and Cb Reputation Threat (formerly SRS Threat) feed are enabled in Cb Response, and you have opted in to sending hashes to Cb as outlined above, you should get the new reports in those feeds.

According to our Engineering team, the Cb Reputation Threat feed was updated a few hours ago, so you should be seeing updated reports if you've opted-in to sending hashes.

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎11-17-2016
Views: