Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

VMware CB EDR Windows Sensor 6.2.5 Release Notes

VMware CB EDR Windows Sensor 6.2.5 Release Notes

The VMware CB EDR Windows Sensor v6.2.5 Release Notes document provides information for users upgrading from previous versions as well as users new to the product. It consists of the following sections:

• Installation Instructions - Provides instructions for Response sensor installation.
  • New Features – Describes new features introduced in this release.
  • Corrective Content – Describes issues resolved by this release as well as more general improvements in performance or behavior.
  • Known Issues and Limitations – Describes known issues or anomalies in this version.
  • Contacting Technical Support – Describes ways to contact Carbon Black Technical Support and what information to have ready.

Release Notes Published: January 29, 2020

Attachments
Comments

"VMware Carbon Black EDR Windows Sensor v6.2.5 is intended to provide improvements to Windows memory dumps, capturing of the logon type for Windows process executions"

Where are these logon type informations visible ? Is there a corresponding fieldname for searching?

@gorlando 
I had the same question as @sandrobeffa . Where are these logon types found?

@gorlando I'd be interested in those "logon type" details as well!

Hi,

VMware Carbon Black EDR Windows Sensor v6.2.5 provide

"Tamper Hardening Improvements - The v6.2.5 Windows sensor provides additionalTamper Hardening. [CB-26653]"

How this tamper hardening improvements is work?

Our customer recently get attack to stop/ remove CbR? We want to know this version will help?

Where I can search information for the CB-26653?

Regards,

Narumit W.

If anyone it trying to download this sensor today, you will need to update your CarbonBlack.repo baseurl to the following

https://yum.distro.carbonblack.io/enterprise/7.1.0-1/$basearch/

We redirect yum internally here. Where can I find the rpm for the latest CB EDR agent?

Some clients are getting installed with no SensorId reg key in HKLM:\Software\CarbonBlack\config\

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎01-29-2020
Views: