- All Products
- Java OpenJDK
- CentOS 6: All Supported Versions
- CentOS 7: All Supported Versions
To upgrade to the latest Java OpenJDK platform
- From CentOS, open Terminal.
- Confirm which Java version is currently installed.
- Browse and find the preferred, available Java OpenJDK.
yum list *openjdk*
- Install the required version of Java.
yum install java-<version here>-openjdk
- Set the home environment for Java.
update-alternatives --config java
- Choose the appropriate selection according to the number shown.
- Confirm that the latest version of Java has been installed.
- Upgrading major versions of Java OpenJDK on the application server of on-prem EDR is not recommended.
- If a specific Java OpenJDK version does not appear as being available this is due most likely to CentOS version incompatibility.