- App Control Server: 8.9 and higher
- When trying to log into the Console using an AD user, the following error message occurs:
The user name or password you entered is incorrect> Enter a valid user and password, then try again.
- The AD log here "\Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\AppControlAD.log" shows:
ERROR ADHelper.ADMapping.GetRuleSetsFromXML - AdRules.xml is invalid
ERROR ADHelper.ADMapping.ValidateXML - AdRules.xml is not Valid.
Error message = The 'version' attribute is not declared.
The 'defaultResultName' attribute is not declared.
The required attribute 'defaultResult' is missing.
The required attribute 'stopEvaluation' is missing.
The legacy AD rules file (adrules.xml) is incompatible with the App Control version 8.9 and higher
This can be resolved in 2-ways:
- Re-map the user roles following the steps in this KB
- Upgrade the App Control Server app to version 8.9.4
This issue has been resolved in version 8.9.4