- App Control Console: All Supported Versions
- Rules Installer: All Supported Versions
- Agent Installer: All Supported Versions
To install Agent and Rule Packages via the App Control Console.
- Log in to the VMware Carbon Black User Exchange.
- Navigate to the Release Information and Downloads section of the VMware Docs site for App Control.
- Download and extract the latest Rules and/or Agent Installers.
- Rules Installer RulesInstaller_VERSION.exe
- Windows Agent Installer - WindowsHostPackageInstaller_VERSION.exe
- Mac Agent Installer - MacHostPackageInstaller_VERSION.exe
- Linux Agent Installer - LinuxHostPackageInstaller_VERSION.exe
- Log in to the App Control Console.
- Navigate to gear icon > Update Agent/Rule Versions.
- Drag and drop (or browse to) the extracted executable for the files (in order):
- Rules Installer
- Agent Installers
- Confirm the relevant Installer has updated by navigating to: https://ServerAddress/InstallerVersions.php
The App Control Server will require full validation of the certificates
associated with the Agent/Rule Installers. If the application server cannot complete this validation, follow the process here
- Updating the Agent/Rule Installers will require restarting of the App Control Server service. During this process access to the Console will temporarily be unavailable.
- Do not navigate away from the Update Agent/Rule Versions page while uploads are processing.
- If using Unified Management to manage multiple App Control Servers: New Rule and Agent Installers must be uploaded to each server separately. The Management Server does not broadcast these packages to the Managed Servers.