- App Control Agent (formerly CB Protection): All Supported Versions
- Microsoft Windows: All Supported Version
This document describes a script/batch file that can be used to install the App Control Agent on Windows OS
Results may vary - use at your own risk. This document is to be used as a generic guide only.
- Setup a new shared folder or find a shared folder that all devices requiring the agent can access. One method is to share out the hostpkg directory (Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\hostpkg), the package is always up to date
- Come up with a deployment plan. One example would be to deploy agents in a disabled mode and move them to the correct policy at a later time (to avoid initialization right after install)
- Create a batch file similar to the below
reg query hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\parity
if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 goto :EXISTS
if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 goto :DOESNTEXIST
msiexec /i \\network_location\folder\installer.msi /quiet
- Deploy to endpoints
- Confirm results
- The Professional Services team may be able to assist setting this up and helping with environmentally specific recommendations. Please contact VMware for this assistance if needed.
- It's strongly recommended that to have read the User Guide, are familiar with both Windows and CB Protection command line arguments, and to thoroughly test this procedure before deploying to a large amount of endpoints.