- App Control Console: 8.x and Higher
- App Control Agent: 8.x and Higher
- Microsoft Windows: All Supported Versions
- Linux: All Supported Versions
Uninstalling App Control Agent(s) via the Console
- Login to the App Control Console
- Go to Rules > Policies > Add Policy and create a new Policy (with the Mode set to Disabled), and provide a relevant name (e.g: Agent Uninstall) to be used for the remote uninstall, and provide a description of your choice.
- Click Save & Exit
- Navigate to https://ServerName/agent_config.php
- Create an Agent Configuration Property with the following Values:
It is critical to apply this Agent Configuration Property correctly. Failure to do so will result in all Agents immediately being uninstalled.
*****WARNING***** - Enabling this setting for Linux platforms and assigned to a specific policy, will be seen by the Linux agent as all policies, and begin the removal of the Agents from all endpoints in all Policies.
Please be aware of enabling this for Linux in specific Policies. This applies to any agent_config property in environments with Linux endpoints running the Carbon Black App Control Agent.
- Property Name: Agent Uninstall
- Host ID: 0 (a value of zero will apply to all devices in the selected policy - Read Warning above)
- Value: allow_uninstall=2
- Select Status 'Enabled' (Otherwise Agent Config will be created, but not active)
- Create For: Selected Policies > Select newly created policy for Uninstalls 'Agent Uninstall' (Or whatever naming convention was used)
- Save & Exit
- From the Assets Page, select the devices you wish to uninstall and move them to the 'Agent Uninstall' policy (Agents will be uninstalled shortly after policy move)
- Improper configuration of this Agent Config could create a situation that would require all Agents in the environment to be reinstalled
- Proceed with extreme caution