- App Control Server: All Supported Versions
What is the process for setting up Automatic Policy Assignment using Active Directory mapping?
To make use of Active Directory based Policy Assignment you must:
- Install the App Control Server in an Active Directory Domain.
- Enable the Active Directory Mapping Interface.
- Create AD-mappable Target Policies.
- Create Mappings.
- Install, or move, Agents to AD-mappable Policies.
Detailed instructions for each part of this process can be found in the section, "Assigning Policy by Active Directory mapping" of the User Guide chapter
, "Managing Computers".
- AD-mappable Policies are compatible for any Computer configured through your Active Directory server, including non-Windows platforms.
- AD-mappable Policies are indicated by the Column, "Automatic" in the Console > Rules > Policies.
- If an AD-mappable Policy is deleted while an Agent is offline, the Agent will move to the Default Policy Group.
- Automatic Policy Assignment is off by default and existing Policies will need to be configured with new mapping rules after enabling Automatic Policy Assignment.