Threat Report: Exposing Malware in Linux-Based Multi-Cloud Environments | Download Now

App Control: When Do I Run the FilenamePathnameReseed_X.X.X.bat?

App Control: When Do I Run the FilenamePathnameReseed_X.X.X.bat?

Environment

• App Control Server: 8.0.x - 8.6.x
  • FilenamePathnameReseed_X.X.X.zip: All Versions

Question

When do I run the FilenamePathnameReseed_X.X.X.bat?

Answer

• The FilenamePathnameReseed_X.X.X.bat script should be executed when:
    • The DAS database is near the max limitation on the Filename/Pathname table and has a high number of orphaned filenames and pathnames in the DAS database table
    • The Reporter.log has the following error:
ERROR DatabaseConnectionWrapper - Database task SQL exception: DailyPruneTask - Unable to find index entry in index ID 1, of table 1218103380, in database 'das'. The indicated index is corrupt or there is a problem with the current update plan. Run DBCC CHECKDB or DBCC CHECKTABLE. If the problem persists, contact product support.
  • Tthe Console is generating the following Alert:
Health indicator Alert: Pathname/Filename Limit - One or more of these tables (as indicated by the above chart) are extremely close to the keysize limit of ~2.15 billion.

Additional Notes

• A code change was added in Server version 8.7 to reuse unused rows. As such, this script is no longer supported in 8.7 and Higher.
  • In the newest 'CbP_Analysis_Script.sql' Engineering added a section for determining if the Filename/Pathname table is going to hit the max int limitation. This can be used to predict if the Reseed script is going to need to be run soon. It is available upon request from Carbon Black Support.

Related Content

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎02-21-2019
Views:
Contributors