- App Control Console: All Supported Versions
- App Control Agent: All Supported Versions
- Microsoft Windows: All Supported Versions
- Agent enforcing blocks on software applications installed/updated via the Windows App Store.
- Rapid Config for Windows App Store is enabled.
- Paths for non-Microsoft standards are present for Windows Store objects
The Rapid Config for Windows App Store must be customized to allow for the Approval of software that is not installed in the default path:
- Login to the Console and navigate to Rules > Software Rules > Rapid Configs
- Edit (pencil icon) the Windows App Store.
- Add any additional paths that are required.
- Save the changes.
This Rapid Config will instruct the Agent to issue a Local Approval as files are written. If the files are already written then a different Approval Method may be required until those files are updated (written) next.
As a workaround, files that were already written and now blocked could be issued a Local Approval with the following steps:
- Navigate to Assets > Files > Files on Computers
- Show Filters > Add Filter > File Path > begins with: Paste/type the path in the text box
- Add Filter > Local State > is: Unapproved
- Select one or more of the filtered files
- Action > Locally Approve