- Carbon Black Cloud Web Console: All Versions
- Carbon Black Cloud Windows Sensor: All Supported Versions
- Microsoft Windows: All Supported Versions
When upgrading the Windows sensor, the device is stuck in Bypass.
- Upgrade Sensor
- Device moves to bypass
- Cannot disable bypass from console or locally
- A system reboot does not disable bypass
There is a rare occasion of upgrade failure due to system crash or reboot during the upgrade process.
When the sensor is in this state VMware Carbon Black requires an Uninstall and Reinstall of the sensor to resolve the issue.
If experiencing this, please open a support case with details of the symptoms and device name and or sensor logs for review.