This document details how to install .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2.
- When adding the .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0) role on Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2, you may encounter the following error message on the confirmation step of Add Roles and Features Wizard:
‘Do you need to specify an alternate source path? One or more installation selections are missing source files on the destination….’
- Or, when running the Bit9SQLIO test, you see the error:
The following feature couldn’t be installed: .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .Net2.0 and 3.0)
You may not have .Net Framework 3.5 setup on your server
- When adding the .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0) role on Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2, navigate to the confirmation step of 'Add Roles and Features Wizard'
- At the bottom of the Wizard, click on the line that reads ‘Specify an alternate source path’
- A new window will pop up ‘Specify Alternate Source Path’
- At the bottom of the page, in the path area you need to put in the following:
Please note, the letter of the drive may be different on your system
- Once you’ve put in the path, click OK.
- This will take you back to the ‘Confirm installation selections’ page, click ‘Install to complete’
The File path 'Sources\sxs' will remain the same, it is only the initial character (drive letter) that may change on your endpoint.