v7.x and above
Parity server suddenly reporting 'Database error' with Description: "Database task exception: ArchiveGetEvents - Access to the path is denied."
Messages occur for a short amount of time. Eventually the messages will stop occurring.
Server Management events suddenly appear with following information:
Type: Server Management
Subtype: Database error
Description: Database task exception: ArchiveGetEvents - Access to the path is denied.
The 'ArchiveGetEvent' exception message indicates the Server was not able to create an archive of events in the "Parity Server\archivelogs" subfolder.
There are three main reasons for the 'ArchiveGetEvent' exception message to occur:
1) Archive Events has not been enabled
2) This type of message may also occur if the disk ran out of space while attempting to write to the archivelogs directory.
3) If the Bit9 Server is protected with a Bit9 Agent and there was a recent change in the Enforcement Level of the agent.
1) Open the Bit9 Console-> Administration-> System Configuration-> Events tab, confirm if 'Archive Events Enabled' is checked. Open the Bit9\Parity Server\archivelogs directory and confirm if ANY files are written here
2) Confirm if there has been any space issues reported where the partition the Bit9 installation directory resides
3) Messages are expected, therefore can be disregarded