Access official resources from Carbon Black experts
Attempting to start or restart the Cb Protection Reporter (Parity Reporter) or Cb Protection Server (Parity Server) services fail to start with the error:
"The Volume For a File Has Been Externally Altered, so That The Opened File is no Longer Valid"
CauseThe cause is that he ParityServer.exe.Config or the ParityReporter.exe.Config is corrupted or empty. Most frequently this happens if the disk becomes 100% full. Solution
To resolve the issue, you need to delete the corrupted config file. It will recreate itself at the start of the service.
For the Server Service:
1. Navigate on the server to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\
2. Delete the ParityServer.exe.Config file.
3. Start the Cb Protection Server (Parity Server) service.
For the Reporter Service:
1. Navigate on the server to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\Reporter\
2. Delete the ParityReporter.exe.Config file.
3. Start the Cb Protection Reporter (Parity Reporter) service.
Important Note(s)Normally this issue takes place if the file attempts to write when the disk is completely full, so verify that the disk is not full prior to completing these steps.