IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: On May 6, 2024, Carbon Black User eXchange (UeX) and Case Management will move to a new platform!
The Community will be in read-only mode starting April 19th, 7:00 AM PDT. Check out the blog post!
You will still be able to use the case portal to create and interact with your support cases until the transition, view more information here!

Why does my network login script get blocked after I modify/edit it?

Why does my network login script get blocked after I modify/edit it?

Version

All.

Issue

Previously approved network logon script is getting blocked after it’s modified.

Symptoms

Receiving a block notification for a file that is previously approved after it’s modified.

Cause

Any change made to a "file of interest" will result in the hash value of that file changing. When that value changes, Bit9 Agent regards all previous "trust" values associated with the file to be invalid and moves the file back to a "pending" state.

Solution

• If your changes are infrequent you can simply go back and Approve the "new" (edited) version of the file; or

• Create a trusted directory or trusted path rule for your netlogon shared folder. Ensure that there’s proper security on that folder to prevent unauthorized user from creating or moving or editing its content.
Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎12-02-2014
Views:
Contributors