- App Control Server: All Supported Versions
- Windows Server: All Supported Versions
This article will demonstrate the correct way to upgrade Rules or Agent versions locally on the App Control server
- Log in to the App Control server using the Carbon Black Service Account (or another account that has Local Admin and SQL permissions for the DAS database)
- Download or transfer the Rules or Agent Host Package Installer to the application server.
- Extract the executable from the zipped archive.
- Run the EXE installer (example: WindowsHostPackageInstaller_#.#.#.####.exe)
- There is no success or failure message when manually running the installer.
- An Install log will be added to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bit9\Parity Server\Support" directory.
- Updating the Agent/Rule Installers will require restarting of the App Control Server service. During this process access to the Console will temporarily be unavailable.
- If using Unified Management to manage multiple App Control Servers: New Rule and Agent Installers must be uploaded to each server separately. The Management Server does not broadcast these packages to the Managed Servers.
- If this installation method fails the Server High Debug Logs and most recent failed Install Log will be required.