IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: On May 6, 2024, Carbon Black User eXchange (UeX) and Case Management will move to a new platform!
The Community will be in read-only mode starting April 19th, 7:00 AM PDT. Check out the blog post!
You will still be able to use the case portal to create and interact with your support cases until the transition, view more information here!

Cb Response: New Linux Sensor Available with support for RHEL/CentOS version 6.9

Cb Response: New Linux Sensor Available with support for RHEL/CentOS version 6.9

Hello All,

Cb Response now supports RHEL/CentOS version 6.9 with Linux sensor version 5.1.5.  This sensor version is available in the stable YUM repository at the following baseURL:

baseurl=https://yum.distro.carbonblack.io/enterprise/stable/x86_64/

You can get the sensor installer into your server by running: yum install cb-linux-sensor-installer.

OR

Performing a standard server upgrade.

Note: Cloud customers will receive this sensor version in your instance over the coming weeks. Linux 5.2 EAP Customers will receive an update separately.

Thanks,

Justin

Technical Product Manager - Cb Response

Comments

Just a comment, I noticed that after installing the package the new version 5.2.5 did not show up in the upgrade policy menu. Later after I rebooted the server I was able to see the new agent.

Also does the new sensor version 5.2.5 is compatible/work with cb-enterprise.x86_64  5.2.5.161219.0941-1 or do I need to upgrade my CB enterprise to the latest version  5.2.6.170221.2329 ?

Article Information
Author:
Creation Date:
‎04-13-2017
Views: