- CB Defense Sensor: All Supported Versions
- CB Response Sensor: All Supported Versions
- CB Protection Agent: All Supported Versions
- Apple macOS: All Supported Versions
How can installed Carbon Black kexts be found on a Mac?
To search for which Carbon Black kexts are installed on a Mac, the following commands can be run in Terminal:
CB Defense and CB Response:
kextstat | grep -s com.carbonblack
CB Protection and CB Response (6.2.3 and earlier):
kextstat | grep -s com.bit9
Any kexts returned from these commands have been installed.
- CB Response Sensor Versions 6.2.3 and earlier may require both commands to see all installed kexts, as com.carbonblack and com.bit9 were used.
- For specifics on TeamID as well as a full list of kexts for each product, see the macOS 10.13.4 Kext Approval Changes article under Related Content.
- If any kexts are missing, the product must be reinstalled. Depending on the exact macOS version, a reboot may also be required.