- Carbon Black Cloud: All supported versions
- Apple Mac OS: All Supported Versions
Provide instructions to determine current status of Background Scan on a Mac OS
- For 188.8.131.52 (the release before 3.6.1) and previous versions:
- Connect to the desired device
- Open Terminal
- Type command: grep BACKGROUND /var/log/system.log
- Example output: May 8 13:10:18 cbs-mac-6 CbDefense_Svc: BACKKGROUND_SCAN: IN_PROGRESS
- For 3.6.1 and later versions:
- Option A: Access the Apple unified log directly to show all messages logged by the sensor regarding the background scan status, for example:
- Option B: Access the sensor status through RepCLI and searches for the Background Scan output. For example:
- Option C: Run the query through LiveResponse, using exec or execfg, for example:
- From the repcli directory, run:
- Or from anywhere, run:
- Background scan status will updated in the "System.log" only once per day.
- Live Query command can only be used to collect Background Scan status for 184.108.40.206 and previous versions for now due to the Apple System Log change from Apple.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management)could be used to push command to collect Background Scan status for 3.6.1 and newer sensors.