- Carbon Black Cloud Console: All Versions
What is the difference between a group and a policy in the Carbon Black Cloud Console?
- In the console, groups are found in the left hand banner on the endpoints page, and are designed to provide an automated way to both organize sensors and assign them a policy.
- A group will always have a policy assigned to it, but a single policy may be assigned to multiple groups.
- Policies are specific sets of rules and permissions that govern whether sensors will either allow or deny a specific operation on an endpoint.
- If a sensor is manually assigned to a policy, it cannot be assigned to a group.
- When automatic assignment is enabled, sensors are assigned to the first group with matching criteria.
- Clicking the "Reorder Groups" button on the endpoints page allows the order of the groups to be changed to ensure sensors are being assigned correctly.