IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: On May 6, 2024, Carbon Black User eXchange (UeX) and Case Management will move to a new platform!
The Community will be in read-only mode starting April 19th, 7:00 AM PDT. Check out the blog post!
You will still be able to use the case portal to create and interact with your support cases until the transition, view more information here!

Cb Defense: Why Can't I See All Admin Roles When Adding Another Admin?

Cb Defense: Why Can't I See All Admin Roles When Adding Another Admin?

Environment

• Cb Defense Web Console: All Versions

Question

Why can I not see all of the various Administrator roles possible when sending an invitation to add an additional admin to the Cb Defense Console?

example.png

Answer

An existing Administrator of an Org can add additional administrators to the Cb Defense Console by sending an invitation. However, an Administrator can only add another Administrator at the same level or below his or her current role. For example, an "Admin" can add another "Admin", but cannot add a Live Response Admin. The Cb Defense Administrator hierarchy is as follows:

• Live Response (LR) Admin (can add additional administrators to LR Admin, Admin, and View Only roles)
  • Admin (can add additional administrators to Admin and View Only roles)
  • View Only (unable to add administrators)

Additional Notes

The Live Response Admin role was added to Cb Defense with the September '17 release of the Web Console and the 3.0.2.x version of the Sensor.

Related Content

CbD New Admin role:  Live Response Admin

Cb Defense Windows Sensor 3.0.2 Release Notes.pdf

Cb Defense: How to Add or Delete an Administrator

Rolling Out the September ‘17 Release of Cb Defense

Cb Defense 3.0 Windows Release Notes.pdf

Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Article Information
Author:
Creation Date: